[Ravensfort] Just a thought...

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 19:19:13 PST 2010

Kief's registered name is actually Arenvald Kief av Kiersted. CoA wouldn't
register "Kief" as a given name, so he added "Arenvald," which is a cognate
of the modern English "Arnold".

We could cant his arms and dub the place "Arm and Hammer Field". Eh? Eh? :-)

DT+LF

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 5:08 PM, DRH <reddigo99 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've always thought it important that we never forget our history.  Our
> Baronial history is something that holds us together, and we should find
> ways to honor it.
>
> So...
>
> Pardon the butchery in spelling but Sir Kief's full name is something
> similar to Kief av Kierstad von Arenvald.  I was thinking a suitable honor
> to our first noble cousin might be a name for the 2nd site as something like
> Arenvald Field.  ("field" being only a convienent suggestion).
>
> Arenvald means something like "Eagle Ruler," as I recall.
>
> We'd have to ask his thoughts. There's pros and cons, but there you go.
>
> Yo homey,
> David St David
>

> Sent from my iPhone

He has told you, O mortal, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?
--Micah 6:8