[Ravensfort] Serious site name suggestion.

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 20:14:14 PST 2010

Considering that Conroe was founded in the 1880's with the establishment of
a sawmill by one Isaac Conroe, I think any reference to timber or forests
would be highly appropriate. (I had thought "Isaac's Mill" earlier, but I
don't know if anybody but Jews in diaspora would have been named Isaac in
period, and VERY few Jews in period owned property in Europe.)

Out of curiosity, what language is "Timbrend"?

I'm listening, but take care to avoid too much ABPS.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Mike Gamber <lococnc at consolidated.net>wrote:

> I would like to propose to name the site;
>
> Timbrend Forest
>
> I have some pretty good reasons for this. The two words mean something
> significant.
>
> Timbrend means "Builder" and is likely to become part of my persona for the
> SCA. I will explain more about this later.
>
> Forest is accurate description of the landscape at the site. In Medievel
> times Forest ment more than a bunch of trees and included fields, plains, as
> well as timberlands.

He has told you, O mortal, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?
--Micah 6:8