[Ravensfort] Round Table Part 2

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 18 10:54:38 PDT 2010

Even with a deceased truck I attended the Knight Marshals meetings (thank you Mirabelis, Konrad and his Lady Wife).  Earl Marshal Asoph Hearts will continue as Earl Marshal until Gothic Wars.  His replacement will be picked soon so the transfer can be seamless (or as seamless as possible). We now have a new Southern Regional Knight Marshal - Centurion John of Severn.  I spoke to him after the meetings concerning my training.  He was pleased that Centurion Michael of Gravesend, Baron Brian du Val and Sir Kief Av Kiersted were my mentors for training me properly.

The flail experiment is coming to an end in September.  Apparently only Ansteorrans can make a proper flail that does not fly off into the crowd.  Information on the new experimental weapons will be available this month.  As soon as I have that information I will pass it on to our fighters.

Other Meetings:
Yes it is true, no photographs can be published until the model form is released as Lord Lemoine de Gascony stated.  However, photographs can be on unoffical sites, such as facebook, photobucket and similar sites.  This was also discussed in the Crown & Great Officers of State General Session Hall.  The ONLY complaint about Raven's Fort was the 17 degree weather for Crown.  Porkulus was mentioned as they were sorry it was too cold to stay and listen.

I attended the mandatory Local & Regional Hospitaler Meeting as I get asked a lot of questions about the SCA at fighter practice and when I'm in garb going to an event, demo, etc.  It was very informative.  Countess Elizabeth gave us handouts complete with a CD that has flyer information on it.  If I remember correctly there will be polls and tracking requests for flyers and other things within the Kingdom.  A Newcomers Point/Pavilion is mandatory for our Events  (side note:  Lord Pace's Newcomer's Point at Defender got quite a lot of attention when it opened it including people who tried to purchase some of our loaner items).  Zip codes are being looked into because one of the groups in Oklahoma had 30% of that area claimed.  So there will be some rearranging of zips, especially in the North.  The Regional Hospitalers do have a problem getting their reports to Kingdom if local reports are not done on time.  The dates for some Officer Reports may change to allow Hospitalers to get the information they need.

In general, spoke with many people and met many new people and Raven's Fort Defender invitations to attend were extended to all (not as free but when the event will be).

Lady Runa of The Thundering Herd
Knight Marshal of Raven's Fort
Apprentice to Mistress Shanahan The Fey
Sher Montgomery & The Thundering Herd