[Ravensfort] Candy Cane Park Demo

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 24 17:18:43 PDT 2010

We were setup and ready to go by about 10 am.  Which was nice because the reporter and photographer showed up at 10:44 am.  The reporter wasn't that interested in what was going on but the photographer may be a future member of the SCA.  He took quite a few shots of Rosalia and Lemoine with rapiers.  Athos and Don Charles also fought.  He got shots of others as well.  The reporter basically dragged him away for their next assignment.  He came back this afternoon and took photographs of the Chivalric fighters, Baron Brian du Val and Centurion Michael of Gravesend.  However this trip he brought someone else with him who was also interested.  Eric (photographer) even went online and checked out the SCA, Ansteorra and Raven's Fort.  We had a few people stop by and visit with us.  Many a person walking their laps at the park stumbled when hearing the rapiers clash and the swords and shields making contact.

We had approximately 25 people show up.  Athos was in charge of burning - I mean cooking the hot dogs.  There was plenty of food for everyone.  We did run out of hot dog buns but a friend of mine who came back with her granddaughter brought us more.  We had a few people come over to the Pavilion to see what we were doing.

Mistress Shanahan had 2 tables of displays of various items.  Lord Devin and I brought our laptops so there was music and a slide show for people to hear and see.  Inkle looms were going strong.  Mirabelis learned how to use her drop spindle (yeah Lemoine).

When we started getting everything together to leave the Parks and Recreation person came by to check on the site.  He was pleased that we left it in good shape.  However... he became semi-fascinated with what we were doing so about another 30 minutes went by talking with him.

The best I can remember as to who was there is as follows (if I forgot to say you were there please let me know):
Baron Brian & Amelia                        Don Charles                        Kitsune & Carla
Devin                                                 Athos                                   Elke
Mistress Shanahan                            Runa                                    Irial & her 2 sons
Giovanna                                            Pace                                     Tareija
Alaric                                                Mary Canary + 1                   Michael of Gravesend
Rosalia                                              Lemoine                                Ringg (& Chloe)
Mirabelis                                          Bronwyn

Sher Montgomery & The Thundering Herd
http://runa-herd.livejournal.com
http://thethunderingherd.net
http://www.bootyparlorparties.com/SherMontgomery