[Ravensfort] Bad news

Keely Disman kdisman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 09:38:52 PDT 2010

Greetings,

This weekend, a former member of the Barony of Ravensfort was involved in a
dreadful accident.  Some of you may remember Nicolette, mka Shannon Curry,
my sister-in-law.  While down here for a visit, she was attending a local
rodeo of some kind called Bull Bash and was attacked by one of the bulls.  I
don't have many details on what actually happened other than that she was
thrown and then trampled.

Shannon is currently in Herman Memorial in stable condition.  Her injuries
include 2 badly broken vertebrae (T9-T10), fractures in a vertebrae in her
neck, her sternum, and the back of her skull,  and bone bruising on her
shoulder.  Surgery for the broken back is scheduled for Wednesday.  At this
time, they are not planning to operate on her neck.  So far, I haven't heard
any percentages yet, but we have been told there is a real threat of
paralysis.  Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

I talked with her earlier and she seems to be holding her own for now.  She
is doped to the eyebrows, however and was very groggy when I talked to her.

Email me privately if you have any questions.  I'll try to post updates as I
can.

Keely