[Ravensfort] Fighter Practice and Mundane Law

Sdw Sdw sdw_texas at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 22:25:57 PDT 2010

Greetings to all,

First, Today fighter practice kinda turned into social. There was no actual fighting but technique was practice ( how to stand, hold the sword, and etc. ).  There were nine members and two newcomers who showed up and fun was had by all.

Second, A topic came up that I have to address as a Seneschal. As a seneschal I am obligated to making sure that mundane law is followed, with NO exceptions. A member ask me about bring a pet to the POPULACE meeting. Once again, I had to reiterate that the City of Huntsville does not allow pets on city property (buildings) unless they are a STATE CERTIFIED SERVICE ANIMAL WITH THERE STATE CERTIFICATE ON THEM.  This is a city ordinance and the law must be followed. So I'm putting it out there to all the members and non-members. NO PETS ARE ALLOWED AT POPULACE (unless it is a State Certified Service Animal).   If you bring one you will be ask to leave.  I personally love animals, but I must follow the law.

Last but not least, I just wanted to thank all the populace members who donate their time and energy to our group and this wonderful hobby we call the SCA. Your efforts and contributions is deeply appreciate. Thank you ! ! !

In Service,
Lord Malcolm
Seneschal of Ravensfort

P.S. update on Sidney. He is now walking on his own and all meds have been discontinued. Thanks for all your help and support.