[Ravensfort] Shadowlands Just Cause Event

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 19 21:34:31 PDT 2010

On our way to Shadowlands (hwy 30) we passed a field filled with gazelles.  They are so tiny and pretty.

Met several Shadowlands people today.  It was a fun trip.  Lord Devin and I arrived about 10.  Got everything set up.  People were nice.  We wandered down to the Archery Field to check things out.  We're going to start with 25# draw bows and work our way up to 30#.  30# draw was just too much for the remaining muscles I have.  Will need to practice before moving to the 30#.  For not having used a bow and arrow in 47 years I thought I did quite well.  Did not take hide off my left wrist with the string.  Got 3 or 4 arrows into the white section of the bullseye and the rest were in the hay, not plowed into dirt or over the target.  You know the part that doesn't count points.  Watched the Heavy Fighters, Rapier learn how to extrude volumes of sweat without passing out.  Saw a Lady, tiny, heavy fighter whack the breeks off 2-3 foot taller fighters.

Mirabelis was announced at the new Reeve for Raven's Fort.

Amelia and two other young girls plus Ulrich's sons had fun with water pistols, bubble stuff, and wait for it... wait for it... water ballons.

Several crafts were worked on while the best plans of my self and others went by the wayside.

There were 3 tables loaded with food.  More than enough for everyone.
The following attended 13 Raven's Forters and 3 Raven's Fort Guests:
HE Brian du Val with his lovely lady wife, their daughter and his father in law.
Michael of Gravesend and his lovely lady.
Terrance with his wife and precious baby.
Mirabelis, Kelly, Watson (?), Ulrich and his 2 handsome boys.
Lord Devin and Lady Runa
Lord Malcom

Yes further proof that I can be a whuss.  I took my new 02 Cool battery operated a/c, fan, mister and ENJOYED it.  Seeing how I'm falling off my chair it is probably time to end this writing.  Before I forget, flyers for Candy Cane Park Demo and the Crockett SCA Demo and Benefit were handed out.  Equestrian Insurance was mailed with a check prior to the penalty date and there will be an Equestrian Marshal at Crocket.

P.S.  It was bloody hot there

Sher Montgomery & The Thundering Herd
http://runa-herd.livejournal.com
http://thethunderingherd.net