[Ravensfort] Work at The Raven's Oaks of Timbrend Forest

byzytym byzytym at att.net
Sun Mar 28 10:33:24 PDT 2010

Yesterday was a very productive day at the Timbrend Forest site.
Or should I say destructive.
The corrals that will become the kitchen area have been removed.
All of the lower tin in the area has been pulled off.
The hay and other muck cleared out as well.
Michael will now add a little fill dirt to avoid standing water.
With the addition of extra pole bracing
we'll be ready to start on the kitchen floor.

I completed the first spring grass cutting in the tavern area
and spread grass seed on the areas that didn't take with the first broadcast.
The leaves have sprouted on the oaks and the site looks great.

The timber cut that has cluttered the entire front area of the property
since the hurricane has been hauled to a pile just outside of the tavern
and is ready to burn.
Michael would like to torch it ASAP so that
the spring growing season will cover the remains quickly.
A nice big fire seems like a good excuse for us Ravens to gather.

Michael would like a little help with
picking up the winter fall branches
so that he can run the mowing tractor over the fields
without damaging the blades.
This is a once a year Spring time clean up thing.
At Populace meeting,
I will suggest that we select a day over the
Easter weekend to put forth a little effort at the site
which is being crafted with our needs in mind.
Yes, our next event will be at The Stones ( SCA policy allowing ),
but that does not mean that we should forget maintenance on our other assists.

Details for projects in the southern part of our Barony are being laid out.
Your ideas and participation are welcome.

Peace,
Volod NotVlad