[Ravensfort] Queen's Champion

Lemoine Beers loco.cerveza at gmail.com
Sun May 23 10:37:25 PDT 2010

Queen's Champion
by
Lemoine de Gascony
Apprentice to
Mistress Shanahan the Fey

On May 21st A.S. XLV bring 2010 in the common age 2010. My lady wife
Rosalia of Raven's Fort and myself traveled to The Canton of Glaslyn
to compete in the Queen's Champion tournament. In our travels we
stopped at the home of Lord Conrad and his lady wife. The both of them
had once lived in Raven's Fort. Lord Conrad made us feel very welcome
and we enjoyed a wonder dinner and dessert cooked by his lovely wife.
After dinner and with dessert we shared stories of days gone by and
lifted a glass to those no longer with us. As in most things we turned
into bed far too late in the night, the drawing of the early dawn was
only a few hours away and we needed to be up early. We rose in the
early daylight hours and after a good breakfast we set out. Upon
arriving at the site we found friends and caught up on things that had
happened since the last time we talked. The first part of the
tournament was a Swiss Five with the first round being single sword,
the second being sword and dagger, the third being rigid parry, the
forth being flexible perry, and the last round finishing the same as
the first with single sword. Then the best of the Swiss Five moved
into the finals round to become the Queens Champion. Alas neither
Rosalia or myself made it past the Swiss five but we did enjoy the
people that we had the honor to duel with that day. We also enjoyed
the fine hospitality of the Canton of Glaslyn and the fine job they
did with this event. Returning to the home of Lord Conrad we rested
and talked of the fun we had before making the long trip back to our
home in Raven's Fort.