[Ravensfort] Questions about viking names

Keely Disman kdisman at gmail.com
Wed May 12 20:51:04 PDT 2010

Greetings unto the populace!

I am trying to help Fred work on his persona.  He knows he is interested in
Norse/Viking somewhere around 10th or 11th century.  The problem we are
running into is figuring out a name!  He wants something which will be
fairly easy for him to spell and pronounce.  We've come across a few
possibilities that he likes, but neither of us is absolutely certain about
pronunciation.  Does anyone know some good resources for pronunciation of
Old Norse names?  My Old English is very rusty and I'm actually unfamiliar
with how close the pronunciations between these two languages are.  Any help
with this project would be appreciated!

Keely