[Ravensfort] From the B & B

John Reuter jareuter1066 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 4 15:00:14 PDT 2010

Good day and best wishes to you, your kith und Kinder. It is late this afternoon, and I am sipping a glass of cider as we write this letter.  I am reminded that the season of change is among us. The leaves are turning and  falling, the air is brisk and blustery and soon it will be a new year full of excitement and change of its own.  We have had a lot of recent change of our own with the officers and new members in the Raven's Guild. We now own a period style pavilion and will have it set up at coronation at the Kings Champion Tourney being held outside the hall. We will be taking photos of it and planning out just what we want to do to personalize it as a Raven's Fort Baronial Pavilion.
More on that in coming months.
We will have the Baronial Polling at our December populace meeting. We do not know exactly who will conduct the polling. Their Majesties may attend and a kingdom officer of their choosing will be conducting the actual polling. We hope to see every one there. It is important that all members of our barony be present to give a clear and sound polling for their Majesties. We will hear from the candidates and fill out forms for the Crown to read the kingdom officers to review. Our successors will be chosen after the Crown has interviewed each pair of candidates. Their Majesties will choose a date and time to make the announcement and it will be asked that all the candidates be present at the event. We will have allot of planning to do for the investiture and  Lady Meribelis will need all of us helping her to make sure the event is a success! Decorations and banners will need to made ready and the exact location of the event determined very soon. Personal invites will need to be made and sent out for this important event.
We will have our Yule Revel at Lord Pasquale's and Lady Giovanna's estate again this year. Please keep an eye out for more info and be sure to get a map and directions from them.
We understand that the office of Herald and Hospitler are taking applications. We have need of Deputies for many offices. If you are interested in any office and wish to one day to hold an office We suggest that you seek out that officer and act as a deputy. It's the best way to learn how to hold an office with out jumping in up to your neck!
We had many events this last month. Please read about them in the Quoth! This month we hope to see you at Coronation being held by the Shire of the Shadowlands and Bordermarch Autumn Melees (BAM).

We hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and we will see you at the December populace!

Yours in service,
We remain ......

Brian du Val & Fionna ní Cheallaigh
Baron & Baroness of Raven's Fort