[Ravensfort] Fw: pretender to ravensfort

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 09:01:46 PST 2010

The hat should be kept in a safe place in the baronial guard's custody.

Hanse Kleermaker's claim centers on the fact that, when he received an award
from the hands of King Miguel and Queen Conal, the herald inadvertently read
the award text, not as "so given IN our Barony of Raven's Fort," but as "so
given our Barony of Raven's Fort."

Three things:

Their Excellencies the Baron and Baroness of Raven's Fort were duly invested
by King Jason and Queen Sareid since this alleged incident.

Their Excellencies also made an oath of homage to the Crown by placing their
hands on the Sword of State. Legally, Baron Brian du Val and Mistress Fionna
ni Chellaigh are the rightful Baron and Baroness of Raven's Fort.

Since his investiture, Brian du Val has been repeatedly acclaimed by the
populace as Baron of Raven's Fort (and Mistress Fionna as Baroness of
Raven's Fort). Who has acclaimed Hanse Kleermaker's claim?

A pretender who has never made an oath of homage in connection with the
Barony of Raven's Fort, whose claim has subsequently been superceded by the
Crown (unless someone would like to call the validity of Jason II's claim to
the Ansteorran thrones into question).

It's rather bold to call someone a pretender who was duly invested by the
Crown of Ansteorra. To do so would be to call the authority of the
Ansteorran Crown into question, would it not?

Is there a way we could place the hat inside a pinata (are they even
period???) the weekend of the Baronial Investiture in March, and HAVE AT
IT??? :-)

Detlef

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Sher M <runa.herd at earthlink.net> wrote:

> *Sent:* Monday, August 16, 2010 2:15 PM
>  *Subject:* pretender to ravensfort
>
>  [Ansteorra] Kingdom Leatherworkers- you are permitted to answer some arts
> questions*Casey Weed* lordhanse at gmail.com
> <ansteorra%40lists.ansteorra.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BAnsteorra%5D%20Kingdom%20Leatherworkers-%20you%20are%20permitted%20to%20answer%0A%09some%20arts%20questions&In-Reply-To=%3CAANLkTi%3DTJt6jGywt4CiuMVPz_2J72V4W7J3pXOzXR6yh%40mail.gmail.com%3E>
> *Mon Aug 16 12:05:43 PDT 2010*

>    <http://lists.ansteorra.org/pipermail/ansteorra-ansteorra.org/2010-August/071341.html>
>    <http://lists.ansteorra.org/pipermail/ansteorra-ansteorra.org/2010-August/071343.html>
>    thread ]<http://lists.ansteorra.org/pipermail/ansteorra-ansteorra.org/2010-August/thread.html#71342> [
>    subject ]<http://lists.ansteorra.org/pipermail/ansteorra-ansteorra.org/2010-August/subject.html#71342> [
>    author ]<http://lists.ansteorra.org/pipermail/ansteorra-ansteorra.org/2010-August/author.html#71342>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Bryn Gwlad, Mecca of the arts, has a new leatherworking guild, of which, I,
> Hanse Kleermaker, am the most famous member.  We would like to solicit the
> learned elsewhere in the kingdom for your input.  Feel free to answer if you
> are lettered, have a Thistle for leatherworking, or an equivalent proof of
> your expertise that qualifies you to address our august guild.
>
> On to the questions at hand:
>
> 1. Does anyone know anything about *actual sources* for water proofing
> recipes?  I don't want to hear "I heard..." or "so-and-so once told me..."
> Either cite a reliable source or just keep working on that Tandy
> rainbow-unicorn keychain kit and keep quiet.
>
> 2. We've heard acrylic tub and sink repair stuff works great as a food safe
> sealant for leather vessels.  Looking for the wisdom of others on this. What
> brand? How long does it need to dry? Cautionary tales about careful
> application? Does it affect taste?  You Spanish/Italian dago personas can
> skip answering- if you'll drink your local wines you can't possibly tell if
> something has gone off.
>
> 3.  Tandy's stamp collection is not entirely suited to the medieval leather
> worker; are there more sources out there for tools?  Seeders, circles,
> backgrounds that are more varied?  Failing that, are there any affordable
> machinists that can follow single syllable instructions?
> (Scots/Celts/MasterIvar need not apply)
>
> Humbly Yours,
>
> Hanse Kleermaker
> Rescinded (Rightful) Baron of Ravensfort
> Most Hansdsome Dutchman: 1599-1603
> "Down with the pretender, du Val!"
>
>  Sher Montgomery & The Thundering Herd
> http://runa-herd.livejournal.com
> http://thethunderingherd.net
> http://www.bootyparlorparties.com/SherMontgomery
> http://www.bedlambazaar.com
> http://bedlambazaar.blogspot.com

He has told you, O mortal, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?
--Micah 6:8