[Ravensfort] Judgment of Paris a Report

Lemoine Beers loco.cerveza at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 10:58:47 PDT 2010

*Judgment of Paris
 in the
Barony of Bjornsborg
October 15-17 A. S. XLV
*

    On October 15, A. S. XLV, Mistress Shanahan, my lovely wife Rosalia and
myself ventured to the lands of Bjornsborg for there event "The Judgment of
Paris". Our journey from Raven's Fort to Bjornsborg was a pleasurable one.
We traveled up and down many roads that we do not get to travel on during
ones normal routine. The trees of Ansteorra had put on their fall colors and
it was a sight to see.

    Once in the lands of Bjornsborg we made our way to the site of this
event. We arrived at about 1800 hours. The people manning the gate did a
wonderful job of checking us into the event. It took us longer to get out of
our car and walk over to the gate than it did to get checked in. The people
on the gate during this shift did a very wonderful job. This made for the
start of a very wonderful weekend. When one has the honor of being checked
in at gate by people that are that much on their job and making sure that
you are happy from the word go it is hard not feel great about how the event
is going to play out.

    Once at the camping grounds, we saw that this was a very large and
welcoming area. We found a nice spot that was both flat and close to the
list field. Once the three of us had unloaded the cars and set up the tents
we lit the lamps and Mistress Shanahan cooked a very excellent stoup. A
stoup is our word a cross between a stew and a soup. It warmed the body and
brought joy to the soul. Watching the sunset in company of good friends
while eating good food, is something we all should endeavor to do more of.
After the sun had slipped under the horizon. Mistress Shanahan, Rosalia and
myself went out on a walkabout of the site. All of the trail, and paths were
lit with tiki torches making traveling around this site very easy. We had
the chance to steal a few minutes from Lady Elisava Illiesca, always a
wonderful person to visit with. Lady Elisava informed us that if we needed
anything that her self and her dear Lord William Harper would be more then
happy to tend to our needs, she also informed us that his hair had turned
from a most wonderful argent to a deep sable, so it may be hard to find him.
We were graced with a few minutes of the time from H. E. Mistress Suzanne
Beraud who had to have had eight arms to have been doing everything she was
doing. She along with all the good and gentle peoples of Bjornsborg were
doing a lot of last minute work to make sure that the a grand time at this
event. Finding that it was getting late and that we were for a long day
Saturday we returned to camp and went to bed.

    Waking up early in the morning Rosalia and myself found that Mistress
Shanahan had made a wonderful breakfast. After taking this nourishment we
found that H. E. Brian du Val and His Lordship Centurion Michael of
Gravesend had arrived to the event. I would be remiss if I did not point out
that I your humble teller of this tale, Lemoine de Gascoigne as an artisan
was more then honored when Centurion Michael asked me to be his sponsor in
the list that day. Along with H. E. Brain du Val asking if he could herald
us in to court. Yes true believers I had the honor of not only getting to be
the sponsor a great man of honor on the field be having our Baron wanting to
be our field herald. It was a great thing.

    With H. E. Brian announcing our process into the court of good Baron and
Baroness of Bjornsborg. I presented a to the court of Bjornsborg a piece of
vine charcoal made from the finest grape vine in Raven's Fort along with two
oyster shells for paint. H. E. Mistress Suzanne Beraud plucked it from my
hands and with a smile saying "Cool, pigment stuff" After court was over
Centurion Michael made ready for the list.

    I gathered up all of my painting supplies and made my way down to the
artisan building. It was on my way to that point I had decided to paint a
painting in honor of the Greek Goddess Athena. I chose to paint a field of
vert with Athena's shield of or, with two spiders in chief of sable. While I
was painting I had the honor of having many of the good and noble members of
the Order of the Laurel as well as many others come up and talk with me
about my painting and what I am doing along with my goals as an artisan. I
thank all of you that took the time out of your busy day to come and talk to
me. I received a lot of very good feedback as well as very good instruction.

    It was while I was working on my painting that Mistress Amata Amati
d'Arezzo came to me and we talked of painting with period pigments on terra
cotta. This was something I had not even thought of nor tried before.
Mistress Amata then gifted me with some terra cotta to practice on and also
to do research along with experimentation on. It looks like something that I
will enjoy.

    Spending most of my day painting I had to rely on reports from my loving
wife Rosalia on the Centurion Micheal's progress in the list. After I had
painted so long that my eyes would no longer focus on the canvas. I made my
way back to list field to find that Centurion Micheal had won the honor of
the Goddess Aphrodite, for his efforts on the field of honor.

    Now we move on to the feast. I have to start out with saying that the
feast fee, I tell you what I would have been more then willing to pay twice
of what I did for that feast. We received so much food that we were
wondering how we were going to get up and make our way tonight. For what the
three of us paid for site and feast you could not go out and eat like that
at any mundane restaurant. In fact this feast was so good and so plentiful I
would have to say that we got site free when buying feast.

     Night court was nice and short. The Baron and Baroness of Bjornsborg
kept everything running smooth. I have to say the guardsmen of Bjornsborg
looked great, they had on uniformed tunics along with there helms made one
think twice about doing anything that would anger them. After court we
returned back to camp.

    Due to the monster of mundane life Rosalia and I were forced to return
back to Raven's Fort that night. I once again have to say that I will come
hell or high water do my best as well as try to get as many others to attend
events in the Barony of Bjornsborg. I say vivat to our kinsmen in the west
and thank you for having us at our event.

Later
Lemoine de Gascoigne MKA "L.D. Beers" loco.cerveza at gmail.com