[Ravensfort] War of Ages

Carolyn Pace ridgetopfarm at me.com
Mon Oct 25 07:37:39 PDT 2010

Greetings everyone,
      While I could not hope to compete with our Lemoine's talented writings of his travels, I will tell of our going's on at War of Ages simply enough.
     We had a good showing from Raven's Fort with approximately 15 members going! We had a great encampment in two areas of the site. Pace and I sat gate in the evening and morning respectively. Our own Mirabelis ran the entire gate and was tirelessly at the job for many hours on both days.   We got to see many peoples entering the site as over 400  showed up to celebrate the many happenings to occur there. The site, our first time, had many awesome buildings and I was impressed at all that had been built in such a short period of time. It was dusty however as no rain had fallen in many a day and the sticker burs were a constant source of discomfort. None the less a great time was had by all. The vigil was fun to listen to with much laughter and merrymaking until the wee morning hours. Then the fighting began and it was awesome. The list was large with much fighting , archery bolts flying and laughter and grunting etc. on both sides. And true to period it was very dusty as well. Great clouds of dust arose as the fighters charged each other constantly.  The rapier tourney on the village streets was fun as well. Much clanging of swords was heard as they went at each other.
  There were a few nice merchants to visit too. The bardic was fun and entertaining.
   Then in the evening,  feast was served and it was very tasty and the food just kept on coming!!!   We had a Raven's Forters table right near court and all the action!  Many awards were given by the Crown and Their Heirs  The knighting ceremony was moving and many a tear was shed as each person told of Sir John's great deeds.
  After court our own Porkulus gave a mini concert and did all of us proud And I am still picturing beautiful Tareija balancing a sword and her exotic and intoxicating dancing to the music. I can also still smell the BACON! that was served to everyone! The hafla after wards was a nice ending to a wonderful event. Pace and I got to practice the beats on our drums until we retired to bed and listened to the rest of the fun and merriment until the morning hours. A nice lullaby after a long weekend of eventing and fun.
   If I forgot something I apologize and encourage others to add to the memories.
   A tired but happy, Giovanna