[Ravensfort] Business Meeting

kris hoffman mirabelis_ at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 28 18:38:21 PDT 2010

Greetings!!  I took notes from this weeks business meeting.  First line of business is this....i dont mind doing notes for business meeting but if someone would like to volunteer to be the person to take populace notes that would be fantastic!!!

We would like to adopt a few new things for Business Meeting.  First off, i am going to look into getting the Conroe Library for the meeting, so that we can get in and discuss what we need to and get out and go eat at a place of choice afterward.  We will give this a try and go from there.  I would also like to have an agenda of items to discuss before we get to the meeting.  So, if you know you will be there and would like to discuss something let me know and i'll  get it on the agenda.

Next, we need a Herald!!! This position needs to be filled, if you have any interest in this position please let Kitsune or Klar know!

The Spring Investiture event was discussed.  We have been getting ideas in and out of the group and would like folks to think it over to be discussed at populace in November.  Should the investiture be at the stones or some other location that would be more indoor, daytrip sort of venue?  If you have ideas, thoughts, discussions then bring them to populace!!  Also, I need a co-steward for that event!!!  if anyone is interested please come see me!

The Baronial race timeline was also discussed.  Look for information in your November Quoth.

We have a new baronial pavillion!!! Come to Coronation next weekend and check it out!! We plan on setting it up for a test run at the field for Kings Champion!  We will take pics and put them up for everyone to see!

Reeve news:  I got heaps of checks signed!!!  Because i am new to the office, we are being audited at Coronation.  If you have any outstanding receipts I need them ASAP!!!  I have gotten budgets from the following officers:  B&B, rapier, heavy, waterbearing, scenshal, and herald.  So, if you want the herald position you actually get some money to play with!! Just imagine the things you can for the office with your budgeted monies!!!

I need to collect monies from the silent auction still!!

One day, probably a Friday in the month of November, I am going to go to the storage shed to do an inventory and organize.  I will let folks know and anyone that would like to help out is more than welcome!!

Last but not least, it was brought up to purchase ad space in the Huntsville newpaper calendar for the month of September.  This is great advertising for our group and it was decided to go ahead and place the banner ad in the calendar.  Devin will have more information at this month's populace.

I believe that is all.  If anyone has any questions bring them to populace!!!

Cheers!
Mirabelis