[Ravensfort] Cry Heralds for RavensFort Defender

Patricia Schmidt iris20 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 13 15:49:56 PDT 2010

Hi all,

For those of you who have already volunteered to do Cry Heraldry for Ravens
Fort Defender(and I thank you Oh so much!) and for those of you who would
still like to volunteer to help, we will meet at the list field Saturday,
Sept. 18 @ 7:30a so that we can begin @ 8a. Please make every effort to be
there so that we can get 'em up and runnin'!

If you have any Q's, I may have A's.  Please feel free to contact me.

YIS,
M. Jalali of Salamis,
Cry 1

Good Folk of the Most Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra

An old and long-standing SCA tradition is being brought back to Raven's Fort
at Defender. Would you like to be a part of it? Would you like to be able to
tell folks what to do and where to do it and they'll like it??? It won't
require much of your time, but in that short time you can be a part of
making our Barony shine!  What is this tradition that I speak of?  Cry
Heraldry! Everyone wants to know what is happening and when (especially if
the printed schedule has changed!)

To that end, I am in need of at least 4 gentles, (in addition to myself),
who would enjoy taking up this most worthy challenge. Of course, the more
participants that there are, the easier it will be.

There will be 2 cries done on Saturday of Defender.  The first one in the
morning will tell the folk of what is going on and to rise if they are
needing armor inspection, etc. The second will be in the late afternoon to
give further information re. feast, court, parties, etc.  The total time
required to accomplish this noble deed is 1 hour of your time.  That's
right, only 1 hour total for 2 cries of the event.

Please contact me at the above address or on the list if you would like to
be a part of helping our Barony bring back this great SCA tradition.

M. Jalali of Salamis