[Ravensfort] Their Excellencies' Household/Entourage

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 20:52:33 PDT 2011

Greetings all!

Their Sable-Winged Excellencies have asked me to be their chamberlain
(camerlengo in Italian), and they have asked me to assist them in organizing
their household.

We will need assistance in the following areas:

Steward: Someone to oversee Their Excellencies' camp and gear (thrones,
chairs, tables, etc). I'd like the Steward to be my deputy as head of the
Baronial Household.
Butler: Someone to oversee Their Excellencies' feast gear and table set-up.
Marshal: Someone to oversee Their Excellencies' schedule at events, to make
sure they're where they need to be, when they need to be there.

I'm taking these four functions from the Golden Bull of 1356, in which the
four temporal electors of the Holy Roman Empire were assigned offices in the
Emperor's court (the Margrave of Brandenburg was assigned to be His
Highness' chamberlain, the Count Palatine of the Rhine his steward, the King
of Bohemia his butler, and the Duke of Saxony his marshal).

We cannot ask these people to be responsible for doing everything
themselves. They will need assistants to make sure things run smoothly.

Their Excellencies also need at least two men-at-arms and two
ladies-in-waiting. These gentles will be companions to Their Excellencies at
events (two so that, if one must leave on an errand, the other can remain in
attendance), but they can assist me and the other three household officers
as needed and as they are able.

Lady Irial, I would like you to be my deputy Chamberlain, to assist with
court-heraldry matters and to be my understudy for those occasions when I am
unavailable to provide voice heraldry for Their Excellencies.

People of Raven's Fort, I call on you to assist me in assisting our Baron
and Baroness. Together, we can make them look good. When they look good,
Raven's Fort looks good, and when Raven's Fort looks good, we all look good.
I thank you for the service you give to Their Majesties' Barony of Raven's
Fort.

Yours in these Current Middle Ages,
Detlef von Marburg
Tir Medoin Pursuivant
Camerlengo to Their Excellencies of Raven's Fort

--
Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,