[Ravensfort] workday

Gary and Carolyn Pace bandb.ravensfort at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 05:04:01 PDT 2011

Greetings to all, our workday yesterday was very successful. We had 10
people come out to help. Thanks go out to Mirabelis, Cambria, Big Friday,
Berengaria, her daughter Brandi, who has an SCA name we will learn!, Keely,
DSD, who was there again early, Gwenlliana, His Excellency and myself.  The
dreaming tree is finished as much as it can  be  excepting a fire to burn
out the base and some extremely large stumps around it. A very large trunk
section from the dreaming tree is now an awesome seat in the Lorraine
Lookout area. It was turned into a nice bench by Big Friday and several
large Dreaming Tree stumps are also there for more seating. Thanks to Devin
for working on that area on Saturday,  opening it up for them to arrange and
work the area. Cambria is going to make a nice sign for it as well.  The
equestrian area is coming along. Berengaria cut some low hanging limbs for
horse trailers to get in there easier. DSD and Pace worked very hard moving
some large stumps etc. using our tractor , trailer , and back of DSD's
truck. Gwenlliana and I also picked up limbs and small tree parts from the
Raven's Fort Central area as well. Keely and I did much planning on table
placement for feast and evening court. The tables will be arranged according
to her ease for serving on Friday evening. I am sure she would appreciate
the help with placing them according to her plan. There still is some
campsite work to be done on various group camps but we are sure that these
groups will take care of them on the next workday. Labor Day weekend was set
up as an unscheduled work weekend in case those who can will do so. The next
official one is the weekend before Defender where all camps should be mowed
and cleaned for the event.
   If anyone has some treated 2x6's to donate for stalls please consider
doing so. We could use them as we need to add more to the 2 large horse
stalls and eventually would love to get rid of the ropes on the others. Old
gates you may have laying around could also be used in the doorways of the
stalls. Just saying you could clean up your yard and do the horses a favor!
:)
   YIS,

--
Pasquale and Giovanna