[Ravensfort] Venetian Celebration of the end of the Black Plague

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 7 20:15:01 PDT 2011

A Venetian Celebration of the end of the Black Plague.  September 9 – 11, 2011

1352, after five full years of death and devastation due to the “Black Plague” the cries of Bring out your dead are slowly fading. Venetian society has been thrown into chaos, economies have crumbled, art and literature have taken a turn for the gruesome and bizarre and the working class has begun to voice dissatisfaction with their daily wages.

It is now time to begin again. We must rid ourselves of the last ravages of the plauge, we must sweep away the little dead rat bodies, we must burn the fabrics and trappings in our homes that gave safe haven to the vile sickness and we must begin our lives again.

Come and see the beautiful city of Venice reclaim her rightful place as a jewel of the Adriatic.

Site fee is $10 for adults, ages 6-12 $5, and children 5 and under are free. There is a $30 family max for site fees. Feast is $9 per person. There is a $5 nonmember surcharge without proof of membership. Make checks payable to SCA Inc. / Shire of Gatesedge. Minors must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian. They may also attend with a 21 year old or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event Waiver form from the parents. Site Open 5pm Friday September 9th and closes at noon Sunday September 11th.

Autocrat

Robert of Coleford

Darnell Daniels

713-538-7616

Dmage121 at yahoo.com

 Co-Autocrat

Annes Clotilde von Bamburg

Darlene Burns

281-413-6194

annescvb at gmail.com

Feast Steward

Gisele de Bier

Pamela Buchanan-Kendrick

pkendrick at kendrick.dyndns.info

 Merchant Coordinator

Eireanna Ulfheonar

Eireann Harrison

elrien.elladon at gmail.com

Bardic

Coordinator: Thomas Attewood

Event schedule: 1:00PM ending no later than 4:00 PM

The Contest: Each contestant will perform 3 different pieces, of their choice.  At least one of these pieces should be a period piece, be it a song, poem, story, dance, or whatever. Documentation for the period piece is strongly encouraged, but not required. Bonus points will be given to those perform in more than one art form, or to those whose performances tie in to the theme of the event (Italy, at the end of the Black Plague). Winner announced during evening court.

A&S

Coordinator: Eireann Úlfhéðnar

Event Schedule: Judging to be completed by 4:00 PM

The Contest (s): Main A&S competition: No Theme single item with three judges. Please provide documentation with your entry.

Secondary Competition: Frugal Garb costume for less than $25

Rapier

Coordinator: Baron Caelen MacRobb of Loch Soilleir

Event Schedule: Matches to begin after morning court to end not later than 4:00 PM

The Contest: Swiss 5

Chivalric

Coordinator: Thorgard

Event Schedule: TBA