[Ravensfort] Hotter Than Hellsgate!

Gary and Carolyn Pace bandb.ravensfort at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 17:04:53 PDT 2011

 Yesterday we traveled west to the Stronghold of Hellsgate where we enjoyed
a wonderful event. We were honored to watch our champion, Centurion
Eleanor,  compete in the list. She is an imposing opponent for anyone who
dares to challenge her. She shared her wish  to host a torchlight tourney at
Defender and we are delighted to have her do so.
  From the moment we arrived we were treated as close friends and enjoyed
the company of the people of Hellsgate. The children honored us with 'HG'
mugs and upon leaving we were given many gifts,  one of which was a little
of the ' fires of Hellsgate'  to take on our journey home. This 'fire of
friendship'  will be on display during evening court at Defender.
 Our own Lemoine and Rosalia got much word fame for helping them during the
Belton Demo. We thank them for bringing much recognition and honor to our
Barony in their travels.
 The day was cloudy with a nice breeze. We had lots of shade to sit under.
At least 12 cars stopped to watch and took home information on the SCA and
their group. There were many informative classes offered. The feast was
wonderful and the bardic was a beautiful young girl dancing to the drumming.
We were inspired by the populace of Hellsgate on this, their first
championships event.
In love and light,

--
Pasquale and Giovanna