[Ravensfort] Fw: --<Shadowlands>-- Demo (Information)

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 20 19:30:05 PDT 2011

What is Isabelot's email so I can volunteer to bring something?

Ann of Welborn

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 8:40 PM, Kaitlyn Mckenna <mistresskaitlyn at gmail.com> wrote:

  Revel is at Rhodri and Kaitlyn's house. Isabelot is coordinating the food.

  Open House Demo:

  Location

  Reed Arena-Tamu
  http://reed.tamu.edu/mapdir.asp
  College Station, Texas
  Demo is active 2pm to 6pm
  Set up at Reed Arena at noon

  Come help support Shadowlands at their premier recruiting opportunity on the campus of Texas A&M! Open House draws thousands of freshman and other students, parents, and staff to survey the various organizations available for involvement. Shadowlands needs SCA folk to help recruit more members!

  We will be set up outside on a grassy area. There will be space for chivalric and rapier combat, as well as A&S display tables and danci...ng. We especially need additional combatants and dancers since the projected heat will likely wear out our locals fairly quickly.

  Set up will begin at 11 at Rhodri and Kaitlyn's house to load up the list fields, pavilions, etc. If you have a vehicle and are willing to help haul, please contact kaitlyn. If you have a large vehicle or truck, PLEASE contact kaitlyn.

  If you plan to bring A&S items for display, let us know so that we plan room for them.
  Bring your own chairs. Several pop-up pavilions will be set up. If you are bringing your own, please nothing staked due to the sprinkler system.

  Open House starts at 2pm and runs til 6pm. You can park in the lot around Reed Arena at the corner of John Kimbrough Blvd and Olsen Blvd. Please see http://reed.tamu.edu/mapdir.asp for a map. There is also a parking garage nearby.

  After Open House, retire to Rhodri and Kaitlyn's house for pot luck dinner and revel. Those coming from out of town requiring crash space...let us know and we'll see what we can find. HL Isabelot is organizing the food and will be posting shortly with her plans.

  --kaitlyn
  Open House Demo Coordinator