[Ravensfort] Hum....something to think about

Lemoine Beers loco.cerveza at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 08:36:08 PST 2011

Here is something I came across in pigment research that has nothing to do
with pigment but is a great example on how
works of art from the past can inspire works of art in the present. Enjoy:

Flow, my tears
composer
John Dowland.
1596

Flow, my tears, fall from your springs!
Exiled for ever, let me mourn;
Where night's black bird her sad infamy sings,
There let me live forlorn.

Down vain lights, shine you no more!
No nights are dark enough for those
That in despair their lost fortunes deplore.
Light doth but shame disclose.

Never may my woes be relieved,
Since pity is fled;
And tears and sighs and groans my weary days
Of all joys have deprived.

>From the highest spire of contentment
My fortune is thrown;
And fear and grief and pain for my deserts
Are my hopes, since hope is gone.

Hark! you shadows that in darkness dwell,
Learn to contemn light
Happy, happy they that in hell
Feel not the world's despite.

Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said
Written by
Philip K. Dick
1974

Book inspired by the the 1596 John Dowland song. The book was awarded first
prize in the John W. Campbell Awards for the
best science fiction novel of the year in 1975. It was also nominated for a
Nebula Award in 1974 and a Hugo Award in 1975.

Later
Lemoine de Gascony L.D. Beers loco.cerveza at gmail.com