[Ravensfort] Scribes Guild Feb 02/27/11

Lemoine Beers loco.cerveza at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 16:12:01 PST 2011

Well, scribes guild was great. We had a low turn out....It was Lord Devin,
Lady Rosalia, ( before she had to go to work ) Galvin, and myself. The low
turnout did work to our advantage, I was able to give a very detailed class
on all the different materials used to make period pigments, alone with the
mind set of the people that used the pigments, and we also made a batch of
glair. I instructed Lord Devin on using the muller and slab. I had made
glair last night so we would have it for use today. Lord Devin and myself
also looked at how the different binders effected the look of the pigment.
Using veridris we did a test with poppy seed oil, egg yolk tempera and
glair. I had also brought Ultramarine blue, yellow ochre, red ochre,
carbonized pecan shells. Lord Devin had some of the oak wood ash, and
calcite stone that we worked on last month at Baron Brian's abode.  I was
very nice to see Lord Devin as he tested the different pigments on paper and
canvas. Galvin asked many questions and Lord Devin and myself did our best
to give him the right answers. Lord Devin also gave us a tour of his very
wonderful library of books.

IS
Lemoine de Gascony MKA "L.D. Beers" loco.cerveza at gmail.com