[Ravensfort] budget

Lemoine Beers loco.cerveza at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 20:13:18 PST 2011

As much as I hate to see the death of print media lets face it we are moving
to a digital world. Like it or not the change will happen, it may take some
time for it to happen but it will. I for one would like to see a
subscription based print newsletter with all of the money staying in the
kingdom. If the BOD would let each and every kingdom decide how they want to
do their own newsletter and state that if your kingdom does a print
newsletter and if you want it you pay for it like you would any other
printed media. Change happens folks, we have a greater amount of shared
knowledge due to this thing we call the internet. I have learned much about
my chosen field in the artisan world by e-mail and facebook. So does the
internet devalue all artisans that share information via the internet? After
all I can mail my questions via the postal service it would take longer and
cost me more money to do so, but that is more period then e-mail and
facebook.

Now on to the subject of not renewing your membership, like WOW folks this
only hurts us as a group, but that is for you to choose. I just don't want
to hear those same people gripe about how high the non-member fees are when
they go to events. I have not renewed my membership for one reason and that
is I am waiting to after Rosalia and I get married, so I can in good faith
buy a family membership.

Lets not sit back and blame all of this on the BOD after all how often have
we went out and tried to generate money for our group and/or the kingdom?
Have we ever tried to make ourselves self supportive?

Later All
Lemoine de. Gascony MKA " L.D. Beers"  loco.cerveza at gmail.com