[Ravensfort] News letter cost

byzytym byzytym at att.net
Wed Feb 16 00:18:50 PST 2011

The SCA will never go away under it own momentum.
There will be those of us that will do their best to keep playing
no matter if it's with online newsletters and at a higher price.
Rethinking is not always a bad thing.

Perhaps it is time to downsize.
I remember when you couldn't have two events
in the same state on the same weekend.
( Or almost that anyway. )
When there were less events,
there was a greater focus on what our neighbors were doing.
It was not unusual for Marshals from Stargate
to run fighting at Raven's Fort events.
Not because we didn't have Marshals of our own.
It was because they were part of our family.
Sometimes less is more.

Now it's imposable to do it all.
"Sorry I just can't make it to King's Dog Catcher this weekend
I'm going to Baronial Champion 2011." ( 2011 is not the year. )
Two words you hear a lot now adays in the SCA are "gas prices".
People are not traveling as much.
I believe that is one of the reasons that the Republican style
Regional borders have been redrawn.
There is a need to reconnecting with the people closest to us.
Perhaps it is time to do the same at a Kingdom level.
I have nothing at all against Oklahoma, but it seems awful far away.
There are already places in far West Texas that are not in this Kingdom.
With organizations like the SCA, smaller areas mean closer bonds.

Anyway, don't think I'm advocating  a revolution or anything.
Just food for thought.
... tryin' ta make the SCA stronger from the bottom, up.

Now if you want to start something...,
ask me how I think we should select our Kings.

Peace,
Volod NotVlad