[Ravensfort] East Texas Folk Festival

Hauldr Ari Grafeldr lordarigreycloak at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 08:24:39 PST 2011

Yup:

   1. habitational name from a place near Glasgow, Scotland, named with the
   genitive case of the medieval personal name
Hugh<http://www.ancestry.com/facts/houston-family-history.ashx?ln=Hugh>
+
   Middle English *tune*, *toun* ‘settlement’, ‘village’ (Old English
*tun*‘enclosure’,
   ‘settlement’). The landlord in question is a certain Hugo de Paduinan, who
   held the place*c.*1160. The Scottish surname is common in Ulster.
   2. Anglicized form of Gaelic Mac Uisdein, Mac Uistein (see
McCutcheon<http://www.ancestry.com/facts/houston-family-history.ashx?ln=McCutcheon>
   ).

*Dictionary of American Family Names, Oxford University Press, ISBN
0-19-508137-4*
*
*
***;)*