[Ravensfort] Raven's Fort red ochre

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 10 06:16:25 PST 2011

The chemical structure and color of clays change when water is added
or subtracted.

Magnus
who studies way too many clays in mineralogy class

Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 20:08:10 -0600
From: loco.cerveza at gmail.com
To: ravensfort at lists.ansteorra.org
Subject: [Ravensfort] Raven's Fort red ochre

I am not sure how this image will do going out over the list, but I'll try. It is a test sample of painting with red clay that I found at a new housing site here in Huntsville. I have to more grinding before I can start using it in real paintings but it is a very nice color of red. When I was grinding it it turned almost orange. I thought I had lost the red in the grinding, but when I painted with it and it dried it can out very nice.

Later
Lemoine de Gascony MKA "L.D. Beers" loco.cerveza at gmail.com