[Ravensfort] Heraldic help needed

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 16 10:55:18 PST 2011

Your last name for the 10th century would be: huí Dhonndubáin
The first name will take a bit longer.

Magnus

Grammar is from Quick and Easy Gaelic Names by Sharon Krossa
http://www.medievalscotland.org/scotnames/quickgaelicbynames

Index of Names in Irish Annals: Donndubán by Mari Elspeth nic Bryan
http://www.medievalscotland.org/kmo/AnnalsIndex/Masculine/Donnduban.shtml
Middle Irish Gaelic (c900-c1200) genitive form: Donndubáin
Found in Years: 831, 976, 980, 982, 995, 996, 1058

Ó Corráin, Donnchadh and Fidelma Maguire, Irish Names
(Dublin: The Lilliput Press, 1990).
header Donndubán
“This name occurs principally in Munster where it was borne by a number of
ninth- and tenth-century princes.  From it derives the modern surname
Ó Donnabháin (O Donovan).”