[Ravensfort] Travel Fund for Royals

Michelle Lopez ivarra20 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 10:50:41 PDT 2011

Dear populace,

As the Reeve of Raven's Fort I would like to speak on the subject of the hotel compensation for our Royal Prince and Princess.  These funds are not coming from the Baronial Coffers, but have been offered up from the most generous Baroness Giovanna and our Minster of Art's and Science Lemoine from their own pocket books.  They have asked for donations to this cause, but are not demanding them.  I for one applaud the efforts to bring a Royal Couple to our humble event.  This usual means a larger turn out and thus more fun (also extra sheckles in the coffers from a bean counters perspective).
I would also like to add that it is not uncommon for baronies, shires, etc to ear mark funds into a travel expense account for such a thing as royal travel expenses and even their own officers for certain situations.  Funds such as these are usually publicly announced as silent auctions, bake sales, etc.  I would love to see something like this done in our barony to help bring Royals to future events.  It would certainly bring us up to standards with other baronies and bring more folks into a lovely little barony.
Vivat to Giovanna and Lemoine for their efforts!  May more of our populace but forth such efforts!

Irial Mulcahey of Clan Blackmoor and Reeve of the Barony of Raven's Fort