[Ravensfort] Guild together and the Spring Event, pt 2.

Harry Billings humble_archer at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 1 16:56:16 PDT 2011

Military rules for time do NOT apply to civ rules for time. There is no 12:00 PM in the military 2400 twenty four hundred and 1200 twelve hundred yes there is no such thing as AM or PM. The time of day starts with 00:01 month day the first hour is 00 hours and what ever mins. Most civ time count 12:00 AM as midnight and 12"00 PM as noon. Back when I was in nothing could happen at 24:00 as it was between days it happened at 23:59 or 00:01.

plachoya

Ansteorra

Sorry, everybody, but anybody who served in the military can tell you that 12:00 PM is MIDNIGHT (2400 military time).  12:01 AM (0001 military) starts the next day.  12:00 AM is NOON (1200 military), and 12:01 PM (1201 military) starts the afternoon.  It's easy to figure out - you count 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 NOT 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.  Surely, the event is not going to run from MIDNIGHT to MIDNIGHT, is it?  (Sorry 'boutl the rant, but as I use military time at work & STILL keep it on my watch - after 20 years, I don't even think in civilian time any more! - correct time is a pet peeve of mine!)

Mark Crampton
936-333-8153 after 3 PM
APWYVERN at YAHOO.COM

"The price of Freedom is the willingness to sudden battle;
Anywhere, Anytime, and with utter recklessness."
--Robert A. Heinlein