[Ravensfort] Defender Feast Update

Charles Netterville ck_netterville at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 23 03:37:57 PDT 2011

Alright, I had to chime in... I'm stuck in New Jersey so me coming to cook is out of the question, But.
Let me offer a short story about the first time I ever cooked a Ravensfort feast.

I showed up not knowing what to expect. I came with recipes and ingredients. I asked about cookers, the barony had them. I asked about serving trays... The barony had them. I asked about utensils. The barony had them. This was true about everything I asked about. I showed up expecting to work my A@$ off throughout the weekend just like I always did in other areas. Before I had the coolers out of the truck I was literally inundated with volunteers offering to help. This continued tirelessly throughout the day.
I was completely humbled by the volunteer spirit that runs rampant through this barony and when His Excellency Nicholas recognized (MY) efforts, I was embarrassed to accept because I had literally done practically nothing... Each feast that I've cooked for this wonderful barony over the years has been an equally wonderful experience and each one practically runs itself!!!!!
This is my plea to the barony. If someone will step forwad who is willing to read the cookbook and take a couple of hours to buy the ingredients, this feast WILL happen.
If one (or more) of those gentles who is always so wonderful to me when I come would be willing to take on the task, all those other wonderful gentles with whom you worked so closely in our kitchen will assuredly appear out of nowhere just like they always have.
Ravensfort's champions do deserve a feast and I've seen the spirit of each of you as a brother, and from an outsider's perspective looking in.
Please volunteer. I guarantee that you will feel as humbled as I always have.
In joyful service I remain,
Elrique