[Ravensfort] Fwd: Mundane Expenses & the Barony

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 30 20:43:40 PDT 2011

Heilsa all...

I posted this on Facebook and since some folks aren't on that page I'm re-posting it here on the proper list.

Good my Kith and Kin in Ravens Fort...

The
 financial burden of the Crown and Crown Heirs may well be more
substantial than many realize... Think, if you will, on the 9 months of
travel expenses...not only for the Royal Couple...but for members of
Their entourage...fuel, oil, tires, eating out while on the road to
Wars, motel and hotel rooms for Themselves and entourage, travel to BoD
meetings (especially out of Kingdom meetings)...events in other Kingdoms
 (especially if those Kingdoms are our Allies at Wars)...telephone
bills, equipment and gear costs for the Pageantry that the Populace
expects of Ansteorran Crowns...and so on...

The cost of becoming a
 Crown can literally cost well over $10,000.00...and that is just a
little over $1,000.00 per month...sometimes it is a *lot* more...

Many
 groups in Ansteorra have donated funds and taken up collections to
assist their Crowns and Crown Heirs...indeed, it is a practice
throughout the Known World...

And...what Noble or Peer of the
Realm is so base or mean to not offer up that to the Crown what is the
Crown's just due...? After all, we hold our Titles and Lands through
Their Sufferance...and I, for one, shall not stint...

Thus...50
golden hued Coins from the lands of distant America do I Promise to
donate...this Deed I Swear to fulfill on my Belt and Chain...or suffer
that Punishment given Justly to an Oathbreaker...

I am Sir Kief
av Kiersted, Baron Ravens Fort, Peer of Ansteorra, 21st Lion of
Ansteorra, and Bronze in Archaic Thunder...and I made this Oath.

Wæs Þu Hæl in TroÞ and FriÞ...!

Kief

"Better the Hammer than the nail..."

=========