[Ravensfort] June Populace minutes and big contest news

Gary and Carolyn Pace bandb.ravensfort at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 08:53:56 PDT 2011

Greetings to all, Our June Populace meeting was well attended last night.
All of our officers went through their news and we heard from our various
guilds as well. Rapier continues to meet, the brewers have been busy,
chivalric practice has had problems with members getting together for
various mundane reasons, They are looking for a place to meet in Huntsville
on Wednesday evenings. Our student guild is getting ready to gear up for
Passport time at SHSU where they annually have a booth to recruit new
students to their guild.This continues for several weeks beginning June 9.
  Our Autocrat of Defender will be DSD! Vivat to His Excellency David St.
David for volunteering to do this job. This job does come with perks this
year as the Autocrat will be able to boss Runa and Irial around as they will
be the co autocrats!
 Workdays will so far be August 27 and every Saturday after that.  The
weekend before Defender, Sept.10 will be our spiffy up time as usual. The
autocrat will give more details as they develop.
     Irial of Clan Blackmoor has been named as our new Reeve. Vivat to her
and Mirabelis as well for doing a great job in this office.
   Web Minister news- We will be acquiring a free spot on the Kingdom
Website. We will continue taking applications for this position until the
deadline of June 10. See our Seneschal for details if you are interested.We
hope to get this up and running by August. Ideas were taken from the
Populace on what our website should look like and what info it should have.
Devin took notes on the ideas.
   Our Herald position is now open with the appointment of Irial to Reeve.
The deadline for applications is July 2.
  Mirabelis was honored for receiving the Golden Star of Ansteorra from
Their Past Majesties Ulstead and Ebergardis. Vivat to her for getting our
Barony out there and represented at many of our cousin's events.
 Gregor has been authorized as a youth marshall! Yahoo for our children!
  A big thank you to Irial and Travis for wearing garb last night. Loved
those colors!

And now the big news!
   We are holding a contest for the design of our webpage. The contest ends
July 15. The prize will be a gift basket with goodies from every guild. It
will be judged by our Seneschal and the B&B. Send your designs and questions
to our Seneschal Dom at blueingreen at sbcglobal.net. Happy designing! Just
think YOUR design could be the first thing everyone sees as they go to our
new website! This contest is limited to the subscribers to the Raven's Fort
list.

In love and light,

--
Pasquale and Giovanna