[Ravensfort] Populace minutes

Carolyn Pace ridgetopfarm at me.com
Fri Mar 4 06:22:08 PST 2011

Dear Populace, last nights meeting was extremely well attended with a little over 40 people! Our Raven's Guild had new members attend and they were introduced and warmly welcomed. We also welcomed Barondaria (sp) and her daughter, Isabella, who attends Sam. She will also join Raven's Guild. They live north of Pasquale and myself but are still in our Barony. They are equestrians' and we are very happy to have more horsey people.
   Many things were discussed, the notes are as follows-
   Last night was the last Populace meeting for Their Excellencies Brian and Fionna. A sad but also happy transition for our Barony. We talked about how they will always be our Baron and Baroness as most of us have only known them as just that. But they are not going anywhere thankfully and now will have more time to develop their skills and crafts etc. We look forward to seeing them in different roles now and appreciate all they have done for the Barony of Raven's Fort, past and future.
   Investiture was organized both in the guard meeting at 6pm and during populace. Anyone who has a garage tent please bring it to the site on Friday, March  25. We need people to come out on that Friday and help set up the site for Saturday. If you have a camp site please clean it up for the event. Some trees have fallen again in various areas.
    Our officers told of their reports. Heavy fighters are working on getting authorized and readying their armor for Gulf War. There is a practice at Sir Alexis' house this Saturday. See our Knight Marshall, Runa the wounded, for details!
   Rapier practice is still going on at the Lizard Keep every Monday night a 6.pm, Don Charles reporting.
   Mistress Shanahan had a great report about our happenings in the Barony We had a guild together/scribal meeting this month. And she would like to have people bring their arts to the investiture to show them off. If you also have any old pics of SCA/Baronial things please bring them as she will have a table set up for that as well.
   A gift SCA membership was given to Samantha of Raven's Guild for all the hard work she is doing. She is full of great ideas and we look forward to the next school year to see what Raven's Guild does.
   Gate sign up sheet for Investiture was passed around , please see HE Chrystal to get a slot.
   Our March officer's meeting was moved to Thursday, March 24 at 7pm in the Conroe library.
   The water container for the kitchen was considered. We will move the big one currently there to the showers and purchase a new 100 gallon one for the kitchen at the site. Prices are being checked on and compared as we need to get moving on this.
   The East Texas Folk Festival was also discussed. Lord Devin is working on this wonderful demo opportunity for us. It will be held from Friday April 29-Sunday May 1. We will be set up by the white house with a picket fence around it. We have a rather large area for our group. Devin will check on when we can set up and get back with us on more details. We need many workers for this demo. If you come you have to pitch in however, but  there are many things to do such a being a spoke person telling about the life of Hues Town. Being a member of the SCA and what we are about would also be good. We could also use marshalls for fighting, fighters, artisans working on various projects under the huts we will set up.There is more but I will let Lord Devin tell about it all in a later email.
This is all the news I have. If I forgot something please let us know. YIS, Lady Giovanna Caronna