[Ravensfort] WAR! News

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 24 13:58:44 PDT 2011

Heilsa all...

Gulf War rocked...! The scope of the SCA's Wars, in general, are
incredible...the level of the historical accuracy we now present is
incredible...if you haven't been to a major SCA War...you need to attend
 one. It's worth the time and money to do so...!

I do wish to thank His Excellency Brian and Ravens Fort's Heirs,
Pasquale and Giovanna, for attending this last Gulf War... Their
presence in the Kiersted/Ravens Fort encampment added even more to the
atmosphere of the event. There were over 40 folks camping with us this
year. They represented 4 Kingdoms...Ansteorra, Outlands, Glenn Albhann,
and Meridies...and several different SCA chapters and
Households...including the SCA Society Chiurgeon Aingael...

There were other Ravens Fort folk at the War...notably Cen. Michael and Lady Val...*yay*...Michael took the fight to the foe...as he always does... Hail the Warrior...!

Personally I had a right good time...this was my 20th consecutive Gulf War...I have fought in each of them...and look forward to fighting in as many more as possible...

However...

To my great sadness...my Squire and "stealth" Protege, Dolfin of Cork, took his Final Faring from Midgard at 5:00 a.m. opening morning of the War...

Dolfin was my Kinsman...my Brother in Rolling Thunder...my Friend....my mentor... A great many people were distressed to hear of Dolfin's passing. I was asked to lead one of several Memorials to celebrate his long and storied life...the stories we shared were wonderful... Folks from many Kingdoms approached me and gave Dolfin praise...word fame...for his deeds across many lands and many years... Ansteorra's King raised his cup and toasted Dolfin in Court... Other Crowns, Counts, Dukes, Knights, and Masters/Mistresses from diverse places raised their cups and their voices in remembrance throughout the course of the War...

Haus Kiersted, Rolling Thunder, Ravens Fort, and Ansteorra has lost a great and bright soul...the gain of the Gods...but our loss... Hail the Hero...!

One of our goals in the SCA is to recreate the Middle Ages and Renaissance periods of history...not as they were...but as they could, and should, have been... Dolfin was *always and forever* the King's man...his Oath of Fealty through me, his Knight, was always to the Crown...make no mistake of where his Loyalty lay.

Haus Kiersted and various Clans of Rolling Thunder will hold a private Memorial to Dolfin this Saturday evening...

Wæs Þu Hæl in TroÞ and FriÞ...!

Sir Kief av Kiersted, Pelican, Lion of Ansteorra

"Better the Hammer than the nail..."