[Ravensfort] A note of Protocol, please

Patricia Schmidt iris20 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 29 13:33:53 PDT 2011

I would ask that any further discussion of this be directed to me
privately. This is per Her Excellency's wish.  Lets comply.

M. Jalali of Salamis, OL

(snipped for bandwidth)
________________________________
From: HerrDetlef <herrdetlef at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Ravensfort] A note of Protocol, please

In Her Excellency's defense, I'd like to suggest that the "of" was perhaps
simply forgotten. I often forget to write critical words...and I'm an English
teacher! I should know better!

If Her Excellency was unaware of the Atenveldtian custom of titling a founding
baron "Baron (Name of Barony)," then I dropped the ball. I forgot to cover this
bit of protocol with them before they were invested, and I would like to
apologize deeply for any offense I have caused by this oversight of mine.

For what it's worth:

Since Ansteorra was once part of the Kingdom of Atenveldt, we have kept the
Atenvedtian custom of titling our founding barons and baronesses with "Baron
(Name of Barony)" and "Baroness (Name of Barony)" in perpetuity. As such, Kief
and Alix are still Baron and Baroness Raven's Fort, even though they are no
longer the Baron and Baroness OF Raven's Fort.

etc.