[Ravensfort] April Populace minutes

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 6 19:31:16 PDT 2012


Correction:  Newcomers Practice is NOT every Sunday.  Check the calendar in 
the Quoth.

Lady Runa of The Thundering Herd
Barony of Raven's Fort
Knight Marshal
Apprentice to Mistress Shanahan
Bronze, Tidal Thunder
Amazon Household

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Carolyn Pace" <ridgetopfarm at me.com>
To: "Raven's Fort" <Ravensfort at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2012 12:41 PM
Subject: [Ravensfort] April Populace minutes


> Buon guorno  ,   Last night's populace meeting had 34 people attend.  We 
> had 7 newcomers, some had seen our demo last year at the festival!
>   HE Pace began the meeting with a quick synopsis of some of the fighting 
> that went on at war.  The people who attended were thanked for their 
> contribution to the cause.
>
>   Lord Devin and HE Chrystal will have a scribes table at Steppes Warlord. 
> Also, we are still planning on a 'fund raiser'  table at Steppes. Please 
> think about something you could contribute to this cause as our coffers 
> are in need of monies.  Please get with HE Brian if you will be 
> contributing.  He also will need help manning the table at this event on 
> Memorial weekend in the Barony of the Steppes.
>
>   Our Knight Marshall, Lady Runa,  and HE Brian are seeking a new practice 
> site in the Huntsville area. Watch for details on this. Newcomers practice 
> is at  the gazebo every Sunday.
>   Don Charles reported that Rapier continues to meet every Sunday at 10 am 
> at the Gazebo in Huntsville.
>    Our Chronicler, HE Chrystal , is in need of articles, drawings etc. for 
> the Quoth.
>
>   Our Hospitaler, Mistress Shanahan, spoke of our upcoming demo at the Sam 
> Houston Folk Festival. Much help will be needed at this very important 
> demo. We will portray a Scottish scene from the 1160's. A list field with 
> tourney will be the central focus,  with each person having a part to 
> play. Time period crafts, weaving, soap making, bardic, and music will be 
> the focus also on the sides with SCA things across from it. We will have a 
> schedule this year with 30 minutes of chivalric, rapier, and bardic. 
> Please think about helping with this once a year chance for our Barony to 
> contribute, enlighten the public and get exposure for ourselves as well.
>  The colors of Sir Hugh will be a blue/gold theme and this could be 
> carried out in table cloths , clothing etc. There will be no kilts as we 
> will be portraying lowlanders, anything from the 12th century. Simple t 
> tunics were part of the clothing of the day. Something to research and 
> check out!  Set up will be Thursday April 26, HE Brian will be posting the 
> times. We will need to be on board and ready Friday 9-4 and Saturday 10-7. 
> Take down is Sunday morning. Dare will again be spending the night there 
> and guarding our things.  Just an fyi- Mistress Shanahan is traveling to 
> the museum each week  meeting with the planning committee.   Vivat 
> Mistress Shanahan!!     AND we donated the $100 needed to purchase a tree 
> for Dr. Nolan! Maybe we could be there in garb when it is planted? That 
> would be cool! Call the paper? Hmmm!
>
>    We discussed doing a Kingdom event- King's Lancer, Round Table, or ? 
> Sites were discussed as well as our spring 2013 date.
>        Our Scribal guild continues to meet the last Sunday of the month at 
> the fire station. HE Chyrytal will post reminders each month.
>   Lady Keeley reported that bardic guild will begin meeting sometime in 
> June. She will post details later.
>   Lady Bennet reported that Raven's Guild will soon hold elections and 
> they will assist us in the demo. Whoo hoo Raven's Guild!
>   Brewers Guild- Don Charles continues to meet at the Barnyard Brewery the 
> first Saturday of every month. Come early to the backyard brew building if 
> you want to brew that day.  Two o'clock if you do not.
>   Charles has posted the work weekends for Defender. The gate sheet was 
> passed around. Please contact HE Don Charles if you want to help.
>   Business meeting spot has still not been decided.
>       Feel free to add to these minutes.
> Grazie , Giovanna
>
> And congratulations to Robert  of Raven's Fort for filing the office of 
> Herald.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Ravensfort mailing list
> Ravensfort at lists.ansteorra.org
> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/ravensfort-ansteorra.org 



More information about the Ravensfort mailing list