[Ravensfort] meeting minutes

Dominique Epps blueingreen at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 3 00:26:52 PST 2012

Konichiwa mina!
Here are a few notes from last nights meeting for those unable to participate.
We had 18 people attending.  Their Excellencies were unable to participate as they barely reached Centerville from their Pennsylvania trip by meeting time.
Mundane life has hit several of us pretty hard so we need to fill the offices of Reeve, Herald and Arts and Sciences.  Anyone interested in these offices please send in your applications to the appropriate regional officers, the B&B and the Seneschal( little old me).
We will be participating again in the Sam Houston Spring Festival.  We will not have the same location as last year but they have given us an opportunity to check out new possible locations.  Ms Shanahan, HE Brian, Ldy Runa and I will be meeting their representative next Thursday at the park to check out locations.  If all goes well we should be able to have the Baronial pavillion, A&S display, armour display, hospitality station and a workable list field.   We will be holding activities in shifts with Chivalric at the top of the hour followed by Rapier and Bardic and story telling at the bottom of the hour.  That way there will always be something going on but everyone will have a chance to take a break.
Bordermarch kind of beat us to the punch: they announced their pity party/pre-war pratice non event event before we had a chance to.  Shadowlands will also be hosting a war practice that weekend.  Check with Ldy Runa and HE Brian for updates.
So instead of having a war practice we will be having a work weekend/burn the bonfire party after Gulf War on the last weekend of March.  This will be a good chance to clean out campsites, get rid of the burn pile and other burnables before the summer hits (as there is a good chance we will have a drought again this summer) and share good food and tales of the war. There will be no site fee but people are encouraged to donate to the porta pottie fund.  A jar will be available for donations as well as a "registry station" for waivers.  Bring your own water and take out your trash.  Potluck at Dusk and burning the bonfire while we revel sharing stories and song will round out the evening.  Camping will be available.  Check for further details online.
Round table reports were shared.  Ldy Runa informed us of the changes in the Gulf War for archery (archers will now be able to carry as many arrows/bolts as they can on the field.).  Kingdom is considering levying a 5% "tax" on Baronies' year's profits to help with Crown travel expenses.  We discussed the new electronic Kingdom newsletter and its consequences.  By this March our Kingdom (and all other kingdoms') newsletter will be available in full color through the Kingdom website through a personalized password if you are a member of the Society.  A printed copy in B&W small format (read current format) will be available for a fee.  The online version will be all color and full format  (letter size).   As a Barony we will still get two free event announcement pages per year, however the "pages" will be the old format ie for the same price we will only get half of the online page space.
We talked a bit about Defender.  Work dates still have to be determined and will be posted online and in the newsletter.  We do not have a feastocrat yet so if anyone is interested please get in touch!
We were done by 8:30 or so and went on to Chili's.
Domai