[Ravensfort] Fw: [SCA-Archery] History of Archery

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 17 13:56:54 PDT 2012

This came from one of the archery lists.  The youtube presentation can be used to promote archery.

Runa
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2012 6:16 PM
Subject: [SCA-Archery] History of Archery

I don't know about the rest of you, but with the Hunger Games and Brave being popular right now, I've been getting questions about archery and it's history from all sorts of different places. My local library actually asked us to do a demonstration including a history of archery and a demonstration shoot. It was kinda cool.

My sister was kind enough to do a "Visual History of Archery" video. The link is below if anyone is interested. Feel free to use/share it how you might. It does cover outside our period and include modern fictitious archers, because of the Hunger Games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFoWMQelHWU&feature=em-share_video_user

Enjoy,

Bryn Archer

--