[Ravensfort] [Ansteorra-rapier] Field marshalling class at King's College

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 20 07:05:50 PDT 2012

 ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:23 PM
Subject: [Ansteorra-rapier] Field marshalling class at King's College

Fair Greetings,

For the past several years, people may have heard me grumbling about the poor quality and lack of training of some of the marshals on our tourney fields (perhaps the worst example being the marshal who stood by and watched a fighter go past him, through the ropes and do a backwards somersault over a two-foot by four-foot concrete block at Gilyan's Queen's Champion.)

Well, rather than just grump quietly, I've decided to do something about it. I will be teaching a class on Basic Field Marshalling at King's College this weekend. If you're not sure if you're doing it right, or if you want to learn to do it better, and even if you've never marshalled at all but want to learn how, this is the class for you.  Saturday, 3:30, Outdoor Area 2 (you might want to bring a chair and some sunscreen.)

Note that this will be for both the armored and rapier fields.

    -Tivar Moondragon
Baronial, Regional, Principality, Kingdom and Society Rapier Marshal
Marshalled at everything from Tiny Tourneys at fighter practice to the main field battle at Pennsic War, and at events in fifteen different kingdoms.

Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Visit Your Group

    ##    Visit the Shadowlands website at     ##
    ##    http://shadowlands.ansteorra.org/    ##

 Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest . Unsubscribe . Terms of Use.