[Ravensfort] March Populace

Carolyn Pace bandb.ravensfort at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 08:25:20 PST 2012

Hello to all, last nights populace had almost 30 people including a surprise visit from Devin and 4 newcomers including several children.  The meeting was long as we had much to discuss. There are 3 office openings with our A&S having no applications at all turned in. The deadline is March 7.
  The upcoming bonfire party will be held the last weekend in March with a pot luck and bonfire in the evening. We will have garb as optional but will have a small quick court in the late afternoon or so, that time is subject to change. We will rent one porta potty and will take donations for it.
    The festival in April was discussed. The set up will be Thursday, April 26 with the times for the demo being 9-4 on April 27, this is the day the school children come. Then Saturday the time will be from 10-7 with hopefully take down being Sunday morning. Please watch for updates from Mistress Shanahan on this.
  We did however decide to donate to the Sam Houston Memorial Museum in the name of Dr. Nolan who was a great supporter of our demo at the festival and director of the museum. We will know more about this at the April populace meeting but we will be passing the hat around to do so and will hopefully get a tree planted with our groups name to memorialize him in the park. So think about bringing a donation to April populace. Just a few dollars from those who can will add up very quickly.
   Newcomers chivalric practice will continue to be held on Sundays at the gazebo, the time will be changing to 10 am soon.  Watch for this from HE Brian. Rapier practice will also be held there on Sundays at 10 am. Updates will come from Don Charles.
  Brewers guild continues to meet as well as armor guild. Raven's Guild has had some new students interested and the 'Guilders'  will assist us in the festival demo. Vivat to them. There were many guild members in attendance there last night.
  Our officers are looking for a new place to have business meetings. It needs to be along the I45 corridor with a private room and internet access. We will hold the next officers meeting in April so we need to have a new spot by then.
  The Huntsville Library has a new paver stone with our Barony's name on it!!! HE Chrystal encourages everyone to go find it and let her know when you do! That was a very nice gesture on her part to do this for our Barony.
  Speaking of, HE Chrystal needs all officers who can do so to send an article in to the Quoth each month.  She also needs art work.
  We will have a bardic/scribal meeting at the fire station each month on the last Sunday. We will be working on scrolls. We need someone to do the equestrian champion scroll for Defender and someone to do the archery. Please think about volunteering for this as well as sending in names for possible awards. We want to get an early start on them.
  We also will be eventually be doing a combined fighter practice with Shadowlands etc. We had a great showing on fighters both chivalric and rapier at the last practice. Thanks to those who went and represented the Barony. It was noticed!  :)
  Defender- Drew (Charles Grothaus) will be our autocrat but is looking for a feastocrat. We will have some type of skewered meat with veggies meal. It is in the early planning stage so far. Workdays will be announced later. But the bonfire weekend will be our first chance to go out there and begin cleaning up limbs etc. He is brainstorming ideas for site and feast tokens.
  These are the minutes as I remember. Please as always if you have something to add or change let us know.
 YIS, Giovanna