[Ravensfort] Queen's Champion in October

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Tue May 1 06:33:47 PDT 2012

Greetings fellow Raven's Forters!

The next Queen's Champion tournament is scheduled for October 5-7, three
weekends after Defender of the Fort (Coronation and Bryn Gwlad Baronial
intervene). I've been wanting to steward a kingdom-level event for some
time now, but it's a bit hard to do that in a small group like Hellsgate
that's already hosted the last two Queen's Champion tourneys in a row, so I
was wondering about the possibility of stewarding an event through Raven's
Fort. Coronation comes too hard on Defender's heels for that to be
feasible, but I wonder if Queen's Champion can be done?

Here's what I'm thinking:

A one-day event at the Stones (we will have to look elsewhere if the site
has already been closed for deer season by then). Site opens at 8:00 a.m.
and closes at 8:00 p.m on Saturday. Not sure about on-site camping; I was
thinking that folks could camp on site if they wanted, on the proviso that
they would be doing that off of official SCA time. But then allowing for
camping might necessitate renting more portacans. No feast, but maybe a
light sideboard lunch that would included in the site fee. If we go to a
different site from the Stones, we would have to ixnay on the on-site
camping.

I would need a local co-autocrat (the word that makes NO sense) to help
compensate my geographical distance from Huntsville before the actual
weekend. I'm thinking I would also need deputies for each of the following:

Site coordinator
Gate coordinator
List mistresses
Marshal-in-charge
Herald-in-charge
Chirurgeon-in-charge
Lunch coordinator
Crown liaison

Is this something that can be done? What are your thoughts?

Yours in these Current Middle Ages,
Detlef von Marburg

--
Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,