[Ravensfort] Fwd: Southern Regional War College--Thank You's from Detlef von Marburg

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:11:57 PST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: HerrDetlef <herrdetlef at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Subject: Southern Regional War College--Thank You's from Detlef von Marburg
To: ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org

Greetings to the Crown and Populace of the Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra
from Detlef von Marburg, event co-steward for Southern Regional War College!

I want to thank everybody who attended Southern Regional War College on
February 15-17. You all deserve the credit for making this event the
success that I've heard so many people proclaim it to be. Thank you for
giving us the chance to show the Kingdom of Ansteorra what Raven's Fort
hospitality looks like.

How wonderful if I could name every name! Alas, the gate lists are several
counties away from me, and my clairvoyance isn't quite what it used to be.
Still, I would be remiss to neglect mentioning a few names:

Thank you to our event coordinators:
Chivalric : Donarwigaz of Crawhere
Rapier : HL Lemoine de Gascony
Equestrian : Lady Mirabelis Genevah Zabaneh
Combat Archery : HL Plachoya Sobaka

These people provided hardware, back muscle, and brain power to the event:

Lady Maria dei Medici and Lady Gisele de Bier opened up the Tuck and Swig,
and Lord Elric opened up the Black Unicorn. Thank you all for keeping us
well-fed!
Lord Volodomir of the Black Isle provided water for the site.
Lady Runa of the Thundering Herd made the red and black site tokens.
Baron Brian du Val, Baroness Chrystal MacRuari, and Baron Charles d'Alsace
le Cervoisier kept the site in working order.
Even though Baroness Musashi Domai was unable to attend, her assistance was
very much appreciated, and her presence was very much felt this weekend. We
love you, Dom!
HL Lemoine, Lady Rosalie of Raven's Fort, Stephan Draco, and HL Klar of the
Misty Vale assisted Brian, Chrystal, and Charles in preparing the site.
Daire helped coordinate the gate shifts, so that the proper forms were
filled out, waivers signed, and the money Raven's Fort took in for the
event was carefully documented.
Our seneschal Seneca provided much-needed assistance in logistics in
getting the event on the Kingdom Calendar and other legal necessities.

The following people provided support, information, feedback, and
inspiration to everybody who attended.

Their Majesties the King and Queen for helping us put Southern Regional War
College on the Ansteorran calendar.
Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess of Ansteorra for rallying the troops
and showing everybody how much fun killing people can be <G>.
Their Excellencies the Baron and Baroness of Raven's Fort
Count Simonn and Countess Tessa--you bring inspiration everywhere you go
and everywhere your names are spoken.
Sir Rhodri ap Gwythr, Sir Alejandro Ramirez Mendoza (HE Elfsea) in the
chivalric battles.
Duke Ulsted and Duchess Ebergardis with siege weapons.
Gräfin Amelot Lisette, Don Tivar Moondragon, Don Avery Shaw, Don Aubrey di
Baudricourt, Don Corley, Don Cael MacRobb (HE Loch Soillier) in the rapier
battles.
(A special "Thank you!" for Don Cael for opening up his armory and
presenting largesse to a number of attendees!)
Don Tivar Moondragon, Lord Redg the Armorer, HL Eleanora Caley, Mistress
Annes Clothilde von Bamberg, Lady Gisele de Bier with non-combat classes.
Lady Nan for the BEADS!!!!!
And I cannot forget Lady Layla bint Yusuf, Baroness Simone Valery LaRousse,
Her Highness' entourage and the Flying Bead Dancers for helping me with
court logistics at a moment's notice.

One last name: on our way home from the War of the Rams last November, HL
Devin Phelan O'Donnabhain and I talked about the possibility of hosting an
event in February, and we brainstormed ideas for what the Barony of Raven's
Fort could do. Realizing that this weekend was three weekends ahead of Gulf
Wars, we mused the possibility of hosting a War College. Devin gave me the
information that I needed to put an event announcement together for the *Black
Star*, and he rallied the troops in Raven's Fort to get volunteers to
coordinate events and help with site considerations. Because of health
issues, Devin knew that he would be unable to stay on site the whole
weekend, and for that reason, I offered to be his co-steward so that one of
us would be on site the whole weekend. I actually did very little. It was
Devin who took the idea and sold it--not just to the barony, but to the
kingdom. This was your event, Devin, and I congratulate you on its success!

There are other names, I am well aware. I'm kicking myself for not
remembering more. If I forgot your name, that doesn't mean we forgot your
contribution to SRWC, and it definitely doesn't mean we are  not immensely
grateful.  I'm fond of saying that our game does not play itself, and we in
the Barony of Raven's Fort would have been unable to host War College
without the attendance, support, and enthusiasm from everybody in this
fantabulously stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra. The Black Star ROCKS!!!!

...and we are gonna kick some Trimarian butt! :-)

Yours in these Current Middle Ages,
Detlef von Marburg, CSM

--

Was nicht umbringt stärkt.