[Ravensfort] The Coif Project, et al

Patricia Schmidt iris20 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 22 13:28:32 PST 2013

Unto the Their Sable-winged Excellencies
         and the Populace of the Barony of Ravensfort

Come these words of joy mixed with concern:

It has been brought to the attention of  M. Nerak & myself that there are
members of the Barony that feel that they were excluded from participating in
the coif project.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.  Both Nerak & I
stated clearly that we would welcome any and all, but that because our equipment
was not portable and studio was in the Woodlands, that it would be necessary to
do the project in the Woodlands.  At that time of the meeting at Yule where that
was stated, everyone seemed good with that.  We waited to hear from anyone about
times to get together and heard absolutely nothing.  There was no communication
of any type that was forthcoming.  As a direct result of that, M. Nerak & I were
put in the position of doing it all ourselves.  Among some of the other
complaints were that we should have been posting pictures, etc., ad nauseum, of
the progress.  We would have truly liked to, but the difficulty is when there is
only one to sew and one to take the pictures... I think you get the idea. So, we
opted to take one of the finished project.  We did the best we could.  We are
proud of our work and its reflection of quality and of caring about our Barony
and the Kingdom.

M Jalali of Salamis, who sometimes wonders about the nature of things and
folk