[Ravensfort] News from War

Gary and Carolyn Pace bandb.ravensfort at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 08:31:05 PDT 2013

Buon Giorno unto the populace of Raven's Fort,
 War was awesome.
    The encampment participation by Raven's Fort members was wonderful.
     Lady Nan volunteered many days working with children at the Page school.  Eric  was noticed by a member of His Highness'  Chivalric guard for his skill and spirit upon the field . Alex  never missed an opportunity to take the Rapier field and finished in the top 5 in the novice tournament. When asked where he learned those moves, he gave credit to our fighter practices and his teachers!  Our Knight Marshall Donnar was active in many scenerios at War and fought well.
    When HL Devin presented the scroll he created for Their Excellencies Giles and Guesppe  of Gyldenholt from the Kingdom of Caid, before Their Majesties and their Royal cousins, an audible gasp of awe was heard. HL Devin's scroll was later displayed in the A & S Hall.
    Her Excellency Giovanna served tirelessly as a member of Their Highnesses' entourage  and was called into court twice. Once for her coordination of Their Majesties 'Cookie Extravaganza' party where Elizabeth and the rest of camp rallied to aid Raven's Fort in this endeavor. The other time being when both of Their Excellencies were given the Order of the Sable Sparrow, for being a member of Ansteorra's gate revitalization project. Baron Pasquale served as entourage to His Highness, fought in  the bridge battle,  took the field as an archer and  for the first time fought with  sword and shield. HL Detlef was a herald for  the Royal court and aided Their Excellencies whenever he could. He also received his yellow belt in a very touching ceremony, given by his mentor Master Simon.
 Raven's Fort showed that we are an active Barony, which supports not only Ansteorra but other Kingdoms' and the Society. With a camp of seven (more than double our number from last year) Raven's Fort exceeded all expectations. Our spirit of service was also shown by Her Excellency Dom and Don Charles when , unable to attend, sent brew via Mistress Jalali for the Castle Party.
 Their Excellencies presented the 'Bloody Raven' to Eric,  Alex and  young Reinhard  for having died in the service of Raven's Fort.
 Raven's Fort once again displayed  the skills of her populace and so serves  the Crown.

YIS with love of the Dream,

Pasquale Pace and Giovanna Lena Caronna
Baron and Baroness of Raven's Fort