[Ravensfort] Fw: May 18th Herbal Day

David Brown lddevin03 at yahoo.com
Wed May 8 17:05:36 PDT 2013

Come join us!

HL Devin

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Darlene Burns <annescvb at gmail.com>
To: David Brown <lddevin03 at yahoo.com>
Cc: Ravensfort <ravensfort at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: [Ravensfort] May 18th Herbal Day

Greetings Ravensfort!   And Thank you, HL Devin, for jogging my memory.

For those on Facebook, there is a public event that you can join for the Herb Walk. Here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/events/440521452703532/

It is on May 18th at my home, 36802 Lower Lake Lane, Magnolia, TX 77354, from 1 pm to 4 pm. We will we walking around in my meadow of a yard, a short way out into the surrounding forest and up and down my street to identify local Texas wild herbs and discuss their uses. Towards the end, we will retire to my front deck to show each other what we found and drink herbal iced teas.

I suggested to Devin that a basket or bag and a pair of scissors might be useful, in case you want to snip specimens of the herbs we find. Shoes are a good idea anytime even just walking around in someone's yard...fire ants, ground hornets and snakes love those bare toes!

I might also suggest a wide brimmed hat, sunglasses and sunscreen. As I say on the FaceBook event page, a light rain will not deter us but thunder and lightning will. So check the weather and bring a rain poncho or umbrella if showers are predicted....don't come if the second Flood is predicted or if Thor is on a rampage!

I have a number of wild herb identification books to consult, plus there is always the smart phones so many of us carry. That being said, if you have any books that help identify plants, please bring them along.
Hope to see you there!

--
Annes
"Munerius Ultra Sanitas"