[Ravensfort] H & S event

Patricia Schmidt iris20 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 2 11:51:55 PDT 2014

Greetings All,

I have been reading with interest this latest discussion.
Here’s what I see:

Devin, you need to have this idea put before the populace to see, 1. If is  feasible and 2.  If the Barony as a whole thinks so & wants to do it.
  Use the proper channels, do not circumvent them.    Secondly,  do not make the assumption that just because someone who wants to place a bid for an event that may be their initial idea, it does not guarantee that person will automatically be the autocrat of that event if the bid is accepted.

For those who are already seeking out other sites outside of the primary Barony area, I would suggest looking closer in.  Remember that while Madisonville is nice, it is not close to the majority of the Baronial folk who would be involved in the production of the event, so that if something is forgotten it is not so easy to make a quick run home and get it.  The “quick run home” would take at least 2 hrs.  Not so “Quick”.

Third, we are not a poor Barony.  When things are done on the cheap, it never fails to look that way.  Is this the face that you want presented to the Kingdom? It does not mean to "spend an arm and a leg', but make sure the site actually has what is needed, ratherr than "making-do"

Fourth,  it is a lot of effort just to keep track of classes and the flow of an event such at this.  Is it necessary to have a secondary activity (read “fund raisers”) at an event that is already very busy by its nature?

Hosting events is wonderful.  Using ALL of the proper channels is even better.  Events can not be done by one or two people.  It absolutely MUST be a joint effort by the folk of the group as a whole & agreed upon by the folk as a whole.

So, until this “possibility of putting in an bid for said event” has been put before the populace formally & the proper channels used,  I would suggest that the discussion of said possible event stop being discussed as if it is already fait acomplis.

Just some food for thought folks.

YiS,
M. Jalali of Salamis, OL