[Ravensfort] Regarding the Google Map citation

Patricia Schmidt iris20 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 4 13:34:52 PDT 2014

And we all know just how reliable Google Maps isn't, right?

 Heck, for myself,  I would just like to be treated like I belong in the Barony, not like some outsider because I happen to live in Southern Montgomery County.  I haven't truly voiced this, but it appears, more times than not, that if you don't live in Huntsville proper, you are not really a part of the Barony, that our ideas have no merit or that those of us who living in the surrounding areas are the source of all of the Barony's problems. That pervasive idea could not be more wrong if it were pointed out with great, huge neon signs!

Please do stop harping on how "we are a family".  The fact is, we are not.  That postulation has been one of the largest sources of dischord that has plagued the Barony for far too many seasons.  Do we want a more outwardly friendly group that folk want to vist in and play at??  Sure we do.  In order for that to begin, it will take the cessation of the rampant self-serving attitudes from folk.  Don't look surprised.  Just open your eyes and you will see what I am speaking of.  It breaks me each time I travel to another group in Ansteorra , or to other kingdoms only to be asked , " What the heck's going on with your group anyway?"   Yes,  boys and girls, we are now far better known for our infighting and self-servedness than for any thing else.  That is beyond sad.

We didn't get into this pickle over night and we certainly won't be able to get out of it over night either, but it's high time that we, the Barony, try to remember that this isn't about individuals and thir personal goals.  Frankly, all of this crap has taken a lot of the fun and certainly all of the joy of playing locally.

Further Affiant sayeth not,
 M. Jalali