[Ravensfort] The demographics of Raven's Fort

Darlene Burns annescvb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 03:37:07 PDT 2014

I'm not sure I totally agree with you, Marius. It's a 35 minute drive
(according to Google maps) to downtown Houston and a 40 minute drive to
Huntsville (again according to Google maps). It would look as though The
Woodlands are pretty much balanced between the two points.

Now my personal experience is that both of those time estimates are about
20 minutes too optimistic. If I lived on that side of the county, I'd give
myself an hour to get to either destination even in the best of traffic.
But in most cases, the stretch between Woodlands and Conroe is the heaviest
traffic...after that it thins out and you can drive faster. But heading
south, it just gets more and more congested. With being at such a balance
point, I think what would influence myself would be the people I was
driving to be with.

The Shire started initially because drive times into Houston were so
awful...and that is back in the 90's. It's only gotten worse in the last 20
years. If I had that history and moved to the center of the county to the
Woodlands, I'd have a tendency to drive North rather than South. If all I
were considering was the drive times involved.

Annes
"Munerius Ultra Sanitas"