[Ravensfort] Populace news

Gary and Carolyn Pace bandb.ravensfort at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 06:12:20 PDT 2014

Greetings,
 As our Seneschal couldn't attend Pop, I took notes along with Lord      .
We had approximately 18 people attend. The following was discussed-
 The offices of Hospitaler, Reeve, A&S, and Seneschal are open or close to it. The deadline for applications is Sept. 15. Please consider applying for an office. It is a good way to serve the Barony and meet people throughout the Kingdom.

 We discussed making the Southern Regional War College a Kingdom event. It would attract more fighters from all over as it is one of the last chances to get authorized for Gulf War. More discussion to follow.

 We have been tentatively approached for hosting Coastal Baronial's at the Stones. Pros and Cons were discussed and tabled for now as it is not a firm done deal yet. Her Excellency Rhiannon is beginning inquiries to holding it again this year.

  We will collect more money for rock on the road and have donation jars available at events and meetings. So please set aside some coinage to help.  :)

  The work weekend is on and Sunday we will walk the site and do final planning for where things will go. Fighting has been moved to the shade for most and archery up by the field where people can finally see it! We will be replacing the wood on several buildings and moving the wood pile away from the storage building.

  The oak tree will probably be planted the Sunday of Regional War College as tentative planting time. We will do so with a small ceremony.

 We need people to sit gate on Saturday of Defender. A gate class will be held at Sept. Populace. We need people to volunteer for this asap.

  That is it for now. Thanks to those who came out and supported the Barony by attending Populace. Remember if you are an officer you must attend at least one meeting a month. This is info for those who wish to apply for an office. We look forward to seeing the apps and working with new people as they bring fresh ideas and energy to the positions.

YIS,
Pasquale Pace and Giovanna Lena Caronna
Baron and Baroness of Raven's Fort